Tennis is a popular sport that involves hitting a tennis ball with a racket.You get very sweaty when playing this sport because of you running around to hit the ball.
The basic rules of tennis are:
- You have to hit the ball inside the court where the other person is standing and they don’t hit it back, you win the round..
- If the ball bounces twice before you hit it, the other person wins the round..
- If the first bounce is on the sideline or out the court, or you don’t get it over the net, then your opponent wins the round.
- If you’re playing doubles, you are allowed to hit the ball on the sideline.
- When you serve you have to hit it in the diagonally opposite service box.
The scoring system in tennis works like this:
- To win a men’s match you need to win 3 sets.
- To win a women’s match, you need to win 2 sets.
- To win a set, you need to have 1)at least 6 games and 2)your opponent needs to be at least 2 games behind you.
- To win a game, you need to have 40 points and then win another round, but if you are on deuce the rules are different.
- To be on deuce you both need to have 40 points.
- If you are on deuce and you win a round, you go onto advantage.
- If you’re on advantage and you win another round, then you win that game, but if the other person wins the round whilst you have advantage, then you both go back to deuce.
Did you know that Novak Djokovic is currently the world number one in the official men’s world rankings thanks to his great performances in the tournaments he has played?Did you know that Serena Williams is currently the world number one in the official women’s world rankings? Did you know that Jamie Murray is currently the world number one in the official men’s doubles world rankings? Did you know that Martina Hingis is currently the world number one in the official women’s doubles world rankings?
By Josh and Erin.